This balsamic vinegar from Modena is modeled by Anfosso after the traditional recipe.
A perfect balsamic vinegar for any of your daily uses -- on meats, salads, in soups or even desserts!
Anfosso is a family-run business which strives to continue making their products following ancient Ligurian culinary traditions. With their own vineyard and olive orchard, Anfosso continues to make outstanding olive oils, sauces, vinegars and other specialty items using only the highest quality ingredients and standards.
Balsamic Vinegar Recipes and Uses
Discover many recipes with balsamic vinegar and how to use this fantastic ingredient to make your dishes richer and heatlhier.
- Grilled Pears with Parmesan and Balsamic Vinegar: a marvellous Italian-style appetizer for the most demanding palates.
- Pumpkin Puree with Goat Cheese Mousse and Balsamic Vinegar: join the delicious sweet taste of pumpkin with the pungent flavor of goat cheese and the strong touch of balsamic vinegar
- Balsamic Vinegar Reduction: learn how to make a perfect balsamic glaze to season many dishes, from bbq recipes to dessert.
... and many more recipes with balsamic vinegar.
Buy authentic Balsamic Vinegar of Modena Anfosso on Sensibus.com!
Oils and Vinegar
Our selection of oils and balsamic vinegars is determined by the the different uses inherited from the Italian culinary tradition. The wine vinegars offered by Sensibus are produced thanks to a slow and patient process: the art of cooking musts, together with the loving care in decanting the barrels of vinegar every year, using the traditional method of slow acidification with wood chippings, guarantee the perfect taste of vinegar, its quality and harmony. The result is a white wine vinegar with a delicate flavor and a red wine vinegar with a strong and harmonious taste.
The range of balsamic vinegars of Modena PGI (protected geographical indication) includes several varieties and all have a unique sweet and sour taste expertly balanced; they are available in different types of packaging and broken down by age.
Balsamic Vinegar is a pillar in the culture and history of Modena. In fact, its continuous production since ancient times is due to the particular soil and climatic characteristics of the area, in addition to the knowledge, skills and competencies of the locals: the result is an admirable exclusive synthesis which characterizes the areas of Modena and Reggio Emilia (ie the ancient Duchy of Este).
In Modena there have always been different types of vinegar made with grape must, all produced with different recipes, different methods of preparation and with different aging.
The origin of these products and their use dates back to the tradition of the ancient Romans.
We put the same passion and care in selection our range of Extra Virgin Olive Oils, with even more awareness: in fact not only a good olive oil enhances and completes the flavor of the dishes but is a precious tool for your health and wellness. A genuine and possibly 100% organic extra virgin olive oil is a tasty delicacy as well as an important resource for your health. For this reason, we personally select and taste high quality extra virgin olive oils produced with biological methods, or however with a low environmental impact. We pay particular attention to the following factors: the areas of origin, the natural fertilization, the biological control, the harvest time and the well-timed cold extraction.
These are some of the considerations that guide us in the choice of our Extra Virgin Olive Oils:
- the olives must be harvested at the right time, that is when they start changing color from green to brown;
- the quality of oil depends on the type of olives used: each one has its own flavor depending on the type of crop, in the climate of the places in which they grow (oil produced in the north is lighter than the oil made in the south where there is a bigger production), and on the ripeness of the olives (mature olives have golden nuances while unripe olives have still a shade of green);
- the olives should be good-looking, healthy and free of insect bites;
- the olives must be harvested in boxes / bins with holes for aeration, and must be taken to the oil-mill as soon as possible.
- the milling temperature and subsequent grinding must be around 77° – 90° for a maximum time of 20/30 minutes.
- the oil must be decanted for a few days and then transferred to another tank to eliminate the oil residues, and then after a couple of months this operation must be repeated;
- the oil should be stored in tanks without air in a dry dark place and kept at a temperature lower than 68°.
Shipping & Returns
Sensibus is committed to ensuring the safe and efficient delivery of its perishable food products. To do this, we are constantly researching, developing and improving our packaging system. Your cheeses are packaged in insulated cartons and fitted with ice packs to ensure quality standards for up to 48 hours. Items ordered together are not necessarily shipped together.
In order to guarantee freshness, we cut most of our cheeses to order by hand and we do our very best to cut it as accurately as possible. There still remains a possibility of a shipping a cheese that is slightly bigger or smaller than what has been ordered. All listed measurements and weights are approximate. Please, consider that this is one of the challenges of offering a hand-crafted food product, and that we do everything possible to make sure you are satisfied.
Due to the perishable nature of many of the products that we offer, limited shipping options are provided. The customer however, can choose from a selection of shipment options, all of which guarantee to maintain the integrity of the product until the point of delivery. All products are shipped from our fulfillment center in California, in the best suited packaging. For perishables, an insulated cooler will be packed with ice to keep the products cool while in transit.
Sensibus guarantees the highest quality of all its products. In the event you consider a product unsatisfactory, the product will either be replaced or a credit will be issued. Please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by the “Returns Request Module” that you find in your Account, describing your problem within twenty-four hours from the product's delivery.
Please review our shipping and returns policy here as they may have recently changed.
Please note that our shipping costs depend on the zone and on the weight of the package.
Standard shipping charges are calculated using the total dollar amount of merchandise ordered for each delivery address provided, as detailed in the chart below:
|$0 - $50||$50 - $90||$90 - $190||over $190|
|Next Day Air Saver® (1 day - by end of day)||$17.00||$22.00||$32.00||15%|
|Next Day Air® (1 day)||$24.00||$32.00||$40.00||18%|
- Perishable items might include special insulated boxes and ice-gel packs to keep items cool until arrival.
- When ordering perishable products and Ground Shipping can't deliver your order as quickly as we require, we do not display Ground as a shipping option in the checkout process.
- Oversized items may take longer to be delivered and sometimes require special treatment.
- If you place your order after 2:00 pm on Thursday and before 2:00 pm on Friday, you may have possibility to choose Saturday as a delivery option, depending on delivery destination. Note that there will be a $15 surcharge applied for Saturday delivery, as per the rates charged by our carrier partners. If you do not need to have the goods by Saturday, please choose standard delivery options, and your order will be shipped Monday, or the next working business day.
You may also like
No posts found