This collection of Italian sweets is sure to delight everybody. Each of these three delicious treats highlight regional specialties and traditional recipes that make a perfect gift for your favorite foodie, tasty stocking stuffers, or a sweet end to a holiday feast.
This gift basket includes:
- Torrone with Chocolate and Pistachio - Three decadent delicacies are brought together in this indulgent holiday treat: Soft, sweet torrone, rich dark chocolate, and the famed pistachios from Bronte. The final sweet is elevated beyond the sum of its parts!
- Panpepato - Panforte is a traditional cake from the Tuscan city of Siena. Its history dates back to medieval times when new spices were introduced by traders arriving from the east. Dense, flavorful, and sweet, panforte makes a satisfying treat.
- Peccatucci Pistacchio - The Island of Sicily is known for their desserts and sweets. These peccatucci, which come to us by way of Sicilian confectionary Sicilfrutti, carry on in that proud tradition. Perfect in their simplicity, peccatucci resemble a brittle
Bakery and Sweets
The exquisite artisan processed sweets that Sensibus selects for you, all made with high quality ingredients (natural and without preservatives), will absolutely satisfy ALL the fans of traditional Italian pastries and all the gourmets of the sweet specialties from Siena. Among all the Italian hand made pastries on Sensibus there are: the Panforte, still cooked in the traditional copper pot still and then worked by hand to keep the flavor and aroma as they used to be once; the Ricciarelli and the Amaretti, made with carefully selected almonds, kneaded and then "pinched" one by one, the Cantucci, the the Brutti ma Buoni, the Biscottoni and many other traditional sweets from Tuscany, which make up a production that has jealously preserved the naturalness and authenticity of the ingredients, combining harmoniously traditional craftsmanship with a strict and meticulous quality control.
For example, the Ricciarelli are traditional, delicate, soft, flaky and cookies made in Siena with almonds, sugar and egg whites.
The Ricciarelli biscuits are made with a kind of marzipan paste, a coarse-grained, highly processed mixture enriched with candied fruit and vanilla. The resulting paste is then cut and completely covered with powdered sugar, and finally baked in the oven for a few minutes: the biscuits take on the shape of small diamonds, slightly curled at their ends. Their delicacy comes from the flavors of candied citrus mixed with finely ground almonds.
Panforte, as most of the sweets of the Italian tradition, was once a sweet for the poorest and has become, over the centuries, the true protagonist of the traditional Sienese sweets with its rich flavors and spices. Derived from the ancient honey bread, in the late Middle Ages this humble cake was enriched of the precious spices imported from the East, thus becoming a refined and expensive sweet. The first recipes of Panforte as we know it today all come from the abbeys in Siena, bases for the apothecaries at that time, which used to give these cakes to the noble protectors as a present. Panforte is rich in ingredients: honey, almonds, cinnamon, nutmeg, candied fruit. The chocolate version dates back to the eighteenth century.
The Pampepato is an ancient sweet that dates back to medieval times and was created in Siena: it seems that the first records date back to the year 1000. It 'a very sweet spiced cake, extremely sweet and fragrant and made absolutely irresistible by the addition of pepper nuts! Along with the Classic Panettone it is a typical Christmas dessert in Italy. There is no Italian family that does not receive a Panettone or Panpepato as Christmas gift.
The Panettone first appeared in Milan at the time of Ludovico il Moro, and it is still produced by the best pastry shops according to the recipe followed 500 years ago. Today the Panettone is a typical Italian sweet, protected since 2005 by a specification, which determines the ingredients and their minimum percentages that it must contain to be defined as such.
The typical Panettone according to the traditional Milanese pastry is a baked product with a soft texture, naturally leavened, with a typical cylindrical shape due to the baking mold that sticks to the finished product. The upper crust is cracked and cut in a characteristic way. The paste has a soft, dimpled texture and the typical aroma of sourdough leavening.
The real Panettone must contain:
• a minimum of 20% by weight of raisins, candied orange peel and candied citron;
• a minimum of 10% by weight of butterfat.
In the choice of the Panettone cakes, Sensibus pays particular attention to the respect of the parameters named above, to ensure customers the authentic and unforgettable taste of true Italian Panettone.
Along with sweets, on Sensibus you will find a wide range of fine crackers, breadsticks, carasau Sardinian bread and baked products that will give joy and lightness to your meals.
Shipping & Returns
Sensibus is committed to ensuring the safe and efficient delivery of its perishable food products. To do this, we are constantly researching, developing and improving our packaging system. Your cheeses are packaged in insulated cartons and fitted with ice packs to ensure quality standards for up to 48 hours. Items ordered together are not necessarily shipped together.
In order to guarantee freshness, we cut most of our cheeses to order by hand and we do our very best to cut it as accurately as possible. There still remains a possibility of a shipping a cheese that is slightly bigger or smaller than what has been ordered. All listed measurements and weights are approximate. Please, consider that this is one of the challenges of offering a hand-crafted food product, and that we do everything possible to make sure you are satisfied.
Due to the perishable nature of many of the products that we offer, limited shipping options are provided. The customer however, can choose from a selection of shipment options, all of which guarantee to maintain the integrity of the product until the point of delivery. All products are shipped from our fulfillment center in California, in the best suited packaging. For perishables, an insulated cooler will be packed with ice to keep the products cool while in transit.
Sensibus guarantees the highest quality of all its products. In the event you consider a product unsatisfactory, the product will either be replaced or a credit will be issued. Please contact us by emailing email@example.com or by the “Returns Request Module” that you find in your Account, describing your problem within twenty-four hours from the product's delivery.
Please review our shipping and returns policy here as they may have recently changed.
Please note that our shipping costs depend on the zone and on the weight of the package.
Standard shipping charges are calculated using the total dollar amount of merchandise ordered for each delivery address provided, as detailed in the chart below:
|$0 - $50||$50 - $90||$90 - $190||over $190|
|Next Day Air Saver® (1 day - by end of day)||$17.00||$22.00||$32.00||15%|
|Next Day Air® (1 day)||$24.00||$32.00||$40.00||18%|
- Perishable items might include special insulated boxes and ice-gel packs to keep items cool until arrival.
- When ordering perishable products and Ground Shipping can't deliver your order as quickly as we require, we do not display Ground as a shipping option in the checkout process.
- Oversized items may take longer to be delivered and sometimes require special treatment.
- If you place your order after 2:00 pm on Thursday and before 2:00 pm on Friday, you may have possibility to choose Saturday as a delivery option, depending on delivery destination. Note that there will be a $15 surcharge applied for Saturday delivery, as per the rates charged by our carrier partners. If you do not need to have the goods by Saturday, please choose standard delivery options, and your order will be shipped Monday, or the next working business day.