Zucchini Flowers Stuffed with Burrata Cheese and Dried Tomatoes
Try this mouthwatering recipe with Burrata cheese and sun-dried tomatoes, and prepare a crispy and lusciuos summer appetizer.
Zucchini flowers are delicate and you can enrich them with different fillings. You can change the ingredients but the rule is the same: to combine a tasty ingredient with a fresh and delicate cheese.
In this case we propose a burrata appetizer that will blow your guests. It's an easy finger food appetizer that you can prepare in 30 minutes.
Just make sure to use fresh zucchini flowers because they spoil easily and quickly.
- Wash the zucchini flowers by soaking them in cold water.
- Let drain on a cloth.
- Using your hands eliminates the pistil being careful not to break the flower.
- Drain the sun-dried tomatoes to eliminate oil and cut them in half.
- Slice the Burrata Cheese.
- When the flowers are dry, fill them opening them very carefully.
- To close the flowers make a twist with your fingers, then set aside your stuffed zucchini flowers.
How to prepare a crispy batter
- In a bowl mix yolk and flour.
- Add ice water and ice cubes.
- With a whip mix the ingredients to obtain a liquid batter without lumps. A tip: before using the batter you have to see some bubbles on the top.
- In a pig pan heat the oil to 350° F.
- In a bowl put some flour: put the flowers in the flour before soaking them in the batter.
- Drain the excess batter, andfry your flowers until they turn golden brown and crispy.
- Salt and serve hot.
Cooking tips: you can substitute burrata with mozzarella or ricotta.