Zucchini Flowers Stuffed with Burrata Cheese and Dried Tomatoes
Try this mouthwatering recipe with Burrata cheese and sun-dried tomatoes, and prepare a crispy and lusciuos summer appetizer.
Just make sure to use fresh zucchini flowers because they spoil easily and quickly.
- Wash the zucchini flowers by soaking them in cold water.
- Let drain on a cloth.
- Using your hands eliminates the pistil being careful not to break the flower.
- Drain the sun-dried tomatoes to eliminate oil and cut them in half.
- Slice the Burrata Cheese.
- When the flowers are dry, fill them opening them very carefully.
- To close the flowers make a twist with your fingers, then set aside your stuffed zucchini flowers.
How to prepare a crispy batter
- In a bowl mix yolk and flour.
- Add ice water and ice cubes.
- With a whip mix the ingredients to obtain a liquid batter without lumps. A tip: before using the batter you have to see some bubbles on the top.
- In a pig pan heat the oil to 350° F.
- In a bowl put some flour: put the flowers in the flour before soaking them in the batter.
- Drain the excess batter, andfry your flowers until they turn golden brown and crispy.
- Salt and serve hot.
Cooking tips: you can substitute burrata with mozzarella or ricotta.