Vegetarian Thanksgiving Soup Recipe with Spelt and Pumpkin
Are you looking for non-traditional Thanksgiving dinner ideas? Discover our Thanksgiving soup with farro and pumpkin.
Generally the traditional Thanksgiving menu doesn't include a soup, but we tought to propose a vegetarian soup with spelt and pumpkin for those who like genuine food even for festivities, a delicious alternative for your Thanksgiving first course.
For your Thanksgiving soup you can use farro, a really nutritive and healthy cereal: it's rich of fibers, antioxidants and an excellent source of proteins. Furthermore, it improves your immunitary defense. Add this recipe to your Thanksgiving menu to offer a vegetarian Thanksgiving recipe to your guests.
Pumpkin has an important place in this recipe, it's the main ingredient and gives a great flavor to this healthy vegetarian Thanksgiving soup.
- Heat a little oil over medium-high heat, then sauté the onion.
- Add peas and lentils, let them flavor for two minutes, mixing.
- Addd the pumpkin cutted into cubes, cook for few minutes and addd the broth, until the vegetables are covered.
- Simmer for half an hour and salt to taste.
- Now you can add the farro and cook it for about 10 minutes (follow the package directions).
- If your Thanksgiving soup is too dry, add hot water (or broth).
If you like, add grated Parmesan before serving. For a vegan Thanksgiving recpe, avoid adding cheese and rember to use vegetable stock!