Vegetarian Thanksgiving Soup Recipe with Spelt and Pumpkin
Are you looking for non traditional Thanksgiving dinner ideas? Discover our Thanksgiving soup with farro and pumpkin.
Generally the traditional Thanksgiving menu doesn't include a soup, but we tought to propose a vegetarian soup with spelt and pumpkin for those who like genuine food even for festivities, a delicious alternative for your Thanksgiving first course.
For your Thanksgiving soup you can use farro, a really nutritive and healthy cereal: it's rich of fibers, antioxidants and an excellent source of proteins. Furthermore, it improves your immunitary defense. Add this recipe to your Thanksgiving menu to offer a vegetarian Thanksgiving recipe to your guests.
Pumpkin has an important place in this recipe, it's the main ingredient and gives a great flavor to this healthy vegetarian Thanksgiving soup.
- Heat a little oil over medium-high heat, then sauté the onion.
- Add peas and lentils, let them flavor for two minutes, mixing.
- Addd the pumpkin cutted into cubes, cook for few minutes and addd the broth, until the vegetables are covered.
- Simmer for half an hour and salt to taste.
- Now you can add the farro and cook it for about 10 minutes (follow the package directions).
- If your Thanksgiving soup is too dry, add hot water (or broth).
If you like, add grated Parmesan before serving. For a vegan Thanksgiving recpe, avoid adding cheese and rember to use vegetable stock!