Vegetarian BBQ: Grilled Vegetables with Cheese
Try this grilled vegetables recipe: it can be a tasty appetizer or a main course for vegetarian friends, and even the lovers of beef and steaks will appreciate it!
Who said that in a barbecue party you should eat meat only? There are lots of delicious vegetarian bbq recipes that can accompany or replace meat dishes. If you prepare also grilled vegetables you will offer your guests a complete menu and at the same time, tasty alternative for vegetarians. Try this grilled vegetables recipe: it can be a tasty appetizer or a main course for vegetarian friends, even the lovers of beef and steak will appreciate it!
But how to make grilled vegetables more attractive and tasty? It's easy, just add good cheese and have fun with your imagination. In this recipe you will find two roll-ups ideas and a skewer example. It's an easy vegetarian bbq idea that you will be able to prepare in a few minutes.
Cheese for a vegetarian barbecue
The most suitable cheeses for this grilled vegetables recipe are Fontina, smoked cheese, goat cheese, Caciocavallo, Provolone and all the sheep's hard cheeses. You can also try grilled Parmesan cheese, a really tasty and unexpected alternative use for this cheese.
Zucchini Rolls with Provolone cheese
- Rinse and dry the zucchini, eliminates both ends, and cut them into thin vertical slices. Use a vegetable peeler to do it faster.
- Cut the provolone into slices, and wrap them with the zucchini slices.
- Fix the zucchini roll-ups with some kitchen string.
- Brush them with a little oil and grill two minutes per side. Cheese have to soften but not to melt!
Pecorino Cheese Skewers
You can use metal or wooden skewers.
- First of all remove the crust from the bread slices and cut them into regular squares.
- Cut the Pecorino into cubes.
- Alternate the cubes of bread and those of pecorino with cherry tomatoes and basil leaves on the skewers.
- Grill the until the bread will become golden.
Eggplant rolls with Caciocavallo cheese
- Cut the eggplant into thin slices, grill 2 minutes per side and leave them to cool.
- Drain the dried tomatoes to remove the excess oil and cut the Caciocavallo into thin slices.
- To create the roll-ups make layers of eggplant, cheese and dried tomatoes, and roll them up.
- Put the rolls on the grill until the cheese begins to melt.
To make agood grilled vegetables seasoning mix chopped basil, parsley, oregano and pepper and add little extra virgin olive oil.