Valentine's Chocolate and Chilli Cake
Valentine's Day is coming and there's no better way to celebrate it than cooking a romantic cake for the persone you love.
This heart shaped chocolate cake recipe will be the perfect dessert for your romantic dinner menu or a fantastic way to start the day with a romantic breakfast.
To be honest, this Valentine's chocolate cake is an aphrodisiac recipe: chilli pepper and dark chocolate are the most famous natural aphrodisiac foods, since they both contain substances that improve blood circulation. Moreover, this combination of flavors is very interesting and exciting.
To make an heart shaped cake you can use a shaped cake pan. But if you don't have one don't worry: the goodness of the cake will not change!
- Add the chili to the milk and heat the mix over low heat, when it boils turn off and left to rest for 15 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate with milk and butter in a bowl; then add the Cointreau, cocoa powder and a pinch of salt.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to 365°F.
- Whisk the eggs with the sugar in a big bowl.
- Next, add the yeast and the flour while keeping on whisking.
- Add the mixture to the melted chocolate.
- Pour the mixture into a buttered cake pan and cook in the oven for 18/20 minutes;
- Remove from the mold and place on a serving dish.