Are you looking for a Christmas main course idea for your dinner menu? Italian Fontina cheese fondue recipe is perfect to celebrate holidays with taste!
A Christmas main course recipe
is fundamental to make a complete and delicious dinner menu. And to warm up the freeze December nights, we suggest you a recipe made with an Italian cheese characterized by a strong and bitter taste: Fontina Val D’aosta DOP is the perfect cheese to make a savory and simple cheese fondue recipe
Fontina is a Northern Italian DOP cheese made with cow’s milk. Val d’Aosta, in fact, is famous for high quality cheese and, naturally, for its traditional cheese Fondue
. Italian Fontina cheese fondue recipe is characteristic of this region. and
shouldn’t be confused with the Swiss cheese fondue recipe
traditionally made with Gruyere, garlic and white wine.Instead, we propose you the Italian version of this simple Christmas main course: a cheese fondue recipe without wine
.Well, do you want know how to make cheese fondue
? Follow these simple steps and serve it out!
- Remove the rind from the Fontina cheese and cut it in thin slices.
- Put the cheese in a bowl and pour some milk on it. Let the it rest for one hour.
- Pour the bowl's content into a saucepan and heat in water bath to make the cheese melt.
- When the Fontina is creamy, add the egg yolks and mix quickly. Heat in water bath for 2/3 more minutes.
- Add salt and pepper, pour the fondue in bowls and add some white truffle sheds.
Serving suggestion: complete this fantastic Christmas main dish recipe with some crisps of crackers.
Main image: ...and the cheese fondue by Pedro Cerqueira
Last image: Christmas cheese fondue by Christa.
Both used under CC BY 2.0