Unique Grilled Recipes: Sweet and Savory Grilled Tomini
Two interesting vegetarian barbecue ideas that will make your guests happy, perfect for vegetarians and for the most sophisticated palates!
These easy grilled recipes are very quick to prepare; you'll only pay attention to reserve a portion of the grill to cheese and vegetables so as to avoid tomini getting the sausage flavor, a bad joke for your vegetarians friends!
Grilled tomini can be a fixed recipe in your barbecue party menu, a perfect substitute of hamburgers and steaks. Try this different grill idea and you will not regret! Making successful sweet and salty pairing is really a culinary art, and today we offer you two variants, the first one completely savory, and the second one combining the salty, yet delicate, flavor of Tomino cheese and the sweetness of honey and jam, a recipe which can also be used to close your meal.
That’s enough with makeshift solutions for vegetarians barbecues: grilled tomini can be a new grill idea that appeals everyone. Enjoy your BBQ!
Preparation of Savory Tomini with Tomatoes and Herbs
- In a nonstick frying pan toast the pine nuts with a tablespoon of oil.
- Then put them in a bowl with chopped fresh herbs and olive oil.
- Grill the tomato slices for a few seconds at high temperature.
- Arrange on the plates and season with few drops of the herbs sauce and a pinch of salt.
- Place 4 tomini on hot grill, cook for three minutes each side, making sure that they do not melt or burn, if the grid is too hot reduce the cooking time.
- Once the Tomini are ready, place them over the tomato slices and top with the remaioning herb sauce.
You can also serve them hot with a mixed salad of tomatoes and cucumbers, as the one in the picture.
Preparation of Sweet Tomini with Honey and Jam
- Cook two tomini on a hot grill, for three minutes each side.
- When you see that cheese begin to soften put it on a plate, engrave a cross on the top of the Tomini with a knife.
- Put some jam on one Tomino, and some honey on the other one.
With these two simple and quick recipes you will propose a valuable meat substitute in your BBQ menu, interesting not only for vegetarians, but also for lovers of cheese and its pairings. Serve very hot!