Truffle Lasagna Recipe with Porcini Mushrooms
Prepare a mushroom and truffle lasagna to delight your guests: a fine gourmet recipe for any special dinner!
In Italy lasagne is a classic dish for important family meal: Christmas dinner, Easter... Every special occasion is the perfect opportunity to make the tradtional Italian lasagna recipe or experiment new versions with different combinations of ingredients.
Why a truffle lasagna? If we think of a gourmet lasagna, something special to cook for a romantic dinner or for lovers of sophisticated cuisine there are two ingredients that you can't forget: truffle and porcini mushrooms. These two ingredients are a perfect combination of undergrowth flavors. In particular, truffle is a precious ingredient, its taste is really aromatic and exciting, with earthy and musky notes, and last but not least, it is considered a special aphrodisiac foods! You can read our articles to discover more about truffle.
This mushroom lasagna with truffle oil can be prepared in two ways: you can use a truffle cream (as in this recipe) or you can grate fresh truffle. The first is a low-cost possibility, the second is a really great dish, of course. In any case it's necessary to prepare an aromatic bechamel.
Enjoy your white lasagna with truffle and porcini mushrooms in your next special dinner, your guests will love it!
How to make bechamel sauce
To prepare this bechamel sauce, or in Italian "besciamella", you have to flavor the milk with the bay leave and onion.
- Peel the onion and insert some cloves into its pulp;
- add the bay leave and the onion to the milk and bring it to a boil, then let it cool;
- melt the butter in another little pan over a low heat and add the flour, always stiring;
- turn off the heat and start adding the milk slowly, always mixing to avoid lumps;
- now bring to aboil the sauce on very low heat for 10 minutes until it reaches a dense texture;
- add salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste.
Now you can put your bechamel in a bowl and cover it with a plastic food wrap.
How to prepare lasagna sauce
- Dip the mushrooms in a little hot water for 15 minutes, then drain (don't throw away the water!) and cut in big pieces.
- In a saucepan heat the oil and panfry the mushrooms for few minutes. Add salt, pepper and then the water that you have set aside.
- Simmer until the mushrooms have completely absorbed the water.
How to cook dried lasagne
- Cook the lasagne in boiling water (read the instructions on the package), drain the sheets and gently lean them on a clean cloth;
- preheat oven at 356 ° F;
- grease a baking dish with butter and spread a spoon of bechamel on the boottom;
- prepare the first layer of lasagna and cover with a spoon of truffle cream. Add grated pecorino, porcini mushrooms, a ladle of bechamel, season with salt, pepper and truffle oil;
- following the previous step create 4 layers;
- after seasoning the last layer, sprinkle with pecorino;
- bake for 20-30 minutes and serve the lasagna with truffle and porcini very hot.
If you prefer using fresh truffle in this truffle lasagna recipe you can substitute the truffle cream with a generous sprinkling of fresh truffle on each layer.