Trick or Treat Ideas Instead of Candy: Cocholate-Dipped Apple Chips
Looking for candy alternatives for Halloween? Apple chips covered with chocolate are a great healthy Halloween snack, easy to make, very appreciated by children and adults. We know it's always difficult for those who search for healthy substitutes for sweets when you are choosing what to put in Halloween treat bags. These tasty apple chips are among the best non-candy Halloween treats. And what's more is that you can use this recipe with any type of overripe fruit you don't want to throw away or with the peel of organic fruit.
The result will be delicious and nutricious.
- Preheat your oven to 220 F.
- Wash the apples, and remove the core without peeling them.
- Cut the apples into thin slices. Brush them with some lemon juice to prevent from blackening.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and place the apple slcies on it.
- Put in the oven for 1 hour and then flip them and cook for another hour or until completely dry and crispy.
Turn off the oven and make the apples cool in the oven leaving the oven door open.
When the apples are cold and crunchy, melt the dark chocolate in the bain-marie, dive half the apple chips in it and put them over a sheet of baking paper.
Do the same with pears and pineapple. If you want sprinkle them with cinnamon before baking them.