Thanksgiving Side Dish Idea: Thistle with Parmesan Fondue and White Truffle
A sophisticated idea to enrich your Thanksgiving menu!
- Cook the thistles in a pot with boiling water, lemon and salt for 5-6 minutes. Drain and let them cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare the fondue by heating the milk and adding the grated Parmesan or Grana cheese. Bring it to a boil and remember to mix the fondue constantly.
- Add the egg yolks and cook for 3 minutes over low heat.
- Cut the thistles into small pieces, melt some butter in a pan and pan-fry them on both sides for about 2 minutes.
- Put some hot fondue in a bowl or soup plate and add the thistle.
- Sprinkle with white truffle shavings and serve.
Read out more Thanksgiving recipes and thank you for choosing Sensibus!