Thanksgiving First Course Idea: Pumpkin Gnocchi with Butter and Sage
A luscious Thanksgiving first course idea to prepare for your family dinner: pumpkin gnocchi with butter and sage: a recipe for really special moments!
- Wash the pumpkin and cut it in half.
- With a spoon remove all the seeds, cut the pumpkin in slices (0.5 inches) and peel it.
- Put the pumpkin slices in a baking pan, covered with greaseproof paper. Add a pinch of salt and bake at 320° F, for 30 minutes.
- When the pumpkin slices are cooked and soft let them cool, than mash them with a fork until you get a creamy mixture. Put it in a bowl.
- Add flour, egg and parmesan and mix.
- Now take a wooden cutting board and flour it.
- Cut the dough into pieces and roll each chunk of dough into a 0.5-inch cylinder.
- With a knife cut the cylinders into 1-inch gnocchi.
- Arrange them on a floured cloth and take care they not to touch one another.
- A tip: use a little flour, otherwise the gnocchi will harden.
- Melt the butter in a large pan with sage.
- Meanwhile, boil the gnocchi pasta in salted water (if you use salted butter, add a little salt).
- When the gnocchi are cooked take them with an holed ladle and put in the pan with butter and sage, sauté for a few minutes.
- Serve it with a sprinkling of grated Parmigiano Reggiano.
To complete your menu, discover other delicious thanksgiving recipes!