Thanksgiving Dinner: Pumpkin Risotto with Provolone Cheese
Are you looking for something different for the Thanksgiving dinner? You can try this pumpkin risotto recipe with provolone cheese. Pumpkin is the magic ingredient of the autumn, perfect for a big variety of recipes, both savory and sweet.
In this Thanksgiving first course the pumpkin and the Provolone cheese are the protagonists: the salty flavor of provolone meets the sweetness of the pumpkin in a delicious combination. A good idea not only for your Thanksgiving dinner menu, but for any special occasion!
Furthermore, you can find other interesting Thanksgiving dinner menu ideas in our section of Thanksgiving Recipes and Food Gifts.
Ho to Make Pumpkin Risotto with Provolone Cheese
- Cut the pumpkin into big pieces (without peeling). Bake it in the oven at 356° F for about 20 minutes. Cook until the pulp is soft and can be removed with a spoon. Make a purée.
- In a saucepan put the oil and fry the shallot finely sliced (over medium heat).
- Soften the shallot and add the pumpkin, mix for 5 minutes.
- Now you can add the rice, toast it for few minutes.
- Deglaze with the wine.
- Add the broth and cook over medium heat.
- When the rice is cooked add the provolone cutted into cubes, and let it melt.
How to Serve Risotto with Provolone Cheese
Place your risotto in ring molds to give it a great shape and make it more inviting! Decorate it with some sage leaves or aniseed (if you like the aroma).