Thanksgiving Bruschetta with Pumpkin, Bacon and Goat Cheese
To make Thanksgiving dinner is a big work, but if you find some quick and simple recipes like this, you will impress your guests with minimum effort.
Your Thanksgiving dinner menu can be enriched with a new starter with all the flavor of traditional Italian cuisine: bruschetta with pumpkin, bacon and goat cheese. A new Thanksgiving appetizer.
Bruschetta, pronounced “Brusketta”, is a very typical Italian starter. This recipe comes from the ancient rural tradition: bruschetta consists of slices of grilled bread, a simple and poor ingredient, accompanied by garden products.
Preparing a bruschetta is very easy: for the simplest version just sprinkle some olive oil and rub a garlic clove on bread.
You can have fun to create your personal match for your Thanksgiving menu, mixing your favorite ingredients.
What kind of bread do you use for bruschetta?
The best bread you can use is a rustic Italian bread. If you don't have it you can replace it with baguette slices: in this case we can talk of “crostini” and not of “bruschetta”, but the result is equally tasty.
In this recipe we propose an interesting variant that you can prepare for your dinner: a Thanksgiving bruschetta with pumpkin, bacon and goat cheese.
This recipe is also suitable for those who have problems with dairy products: goat cheese has a low percentage of lactose and is easier to digest than cow's cheese.
Let's see our Thanksgiving dinner recipe!
Pumpkin appetizer with goat cheese and bacon, preparation:
- Heat the oil with the garlic and a sprig of chopped rosemary. Let the oil flavor for 3 minutes, but pay attention: garlic must not burn! Than combine the pumpkin, cut into slices, adjusts the mix with salt and pepper and let it cook for 5 minutes over low heat.
- Add an half ladle of water, cover with a lid and let simmer for about 10 minutes before removing from heat.
- Cut bacon, in little cubes or slices, as you prefere, and cook it in a no stick pan. You choose the degree of crispiness you prefer.
- Toast the bread in the oven for 5 minutes. Deal over the pumpkin with its sauce and garnish with the bacon, a few needles of rosemary and a slice of goat cheese..
- Adjust salt and pepper and serve hot.
Read out more Thganksgiving recipes on Sensibus.com!
Enjoy your meal!