Tagliatelle with White Truffles for Two
Looking for an unexpected dinner idea for two for Valentine's Day? Why don't you choose a Romantic homemade dinner and impress him/her with your cooking ability? Valentine's Day is the perfect moment to take care of your partner and to make him/her feel special and loved.
Tagliatelle (or tagliolini) with white truffle is a the perfect recipe for your romantic dinner, an easy dinner date recipe to be made in a short time.
White truffle is also reknown for its aphrodisiac effects and for its scent that tickles the senses: hat' s wy we tink it's perfect for your Valentine's Day dinner menu!
The must to celebrate this important date is choosing special ingredients to enhance the flavor of your food. If you have more time to prepare your dinner you can also try to make fresh homemade tagliatelle.
The result will be delicious and classy.
Enjoy your meal!
- In a big pan, cook the tagliatelle in salted boiling water.
- Meanwhile clean the truffle with a little soft brush or a clean it from the dirt with a damp cloth .
- Melt the butter in a pan (you can also use salted butter), taking care not to burn it, and then add he grated truffle to flavor it.
- Drain the pasta when it's al dente (slightly undercooked) keeping some water wich may help if the pasta is too dry.
- Put the tagliatelle in the pan with the butter and grated parmesan. If you use salted butter add a little bit of parmesan and try it to find the right balance of flavor.
- Mix the ingredients with a wooden spoon, and if the sauce is too dry, add the pasta water (2 or 3 tablespoons).
- Serve the noodles still hot by adding a sprinkling of white truffle on the top.
Wine and food pairing
To appreciate the white truffle delicate and scented flavor you have to avoid matching with wines that are too tannic.
Another good rule is matching food and wines of the same territory: their flavors have grown up toghether in the centuries.
Red wines: Barolo (Piedmont), Barbaresco (Piedmont), Gattinara (Piedmont).
White wines: Gavi (Piedmont), Verdicchio (Marche) or Vernaccia di San Gimignano (Tuscany).