Stuffed Parmesan Baskets with Rice, Asparagus and Boiled Eggs
Spring is near, in some regions the sun starts warming the soil and in the next weeks we will see the plants blossoming. For some of us days of sun mean happyness, joy and good mood. It's time to organize the first trips outdoors, picnics and barbecues!
This is the moment to talk about spring recipes, for this reason it's good to know what are the spring vegetables that we can use in our dishes: asparagus, beets chard, artichokes, carrots, cauliflower, cabbage, chicory, onions, fennel, salad, potatoes, chicory, turnips, celery and spinach.
Let's talk about asparagus: it is one of the most nutritive ingredient of this period and you can use it to preparing a big variety of spring appetizers. A good pairings for asparagus is combining it with parmesan cheese, eggs or truffle.
In this easy appetizer recipe (also suitable in the Easter menu) you will see asparagus with parmesan and eggs in a quick and creative recipe.
Let the springtime roll!
- Wash the asparagus, cut and eliminate the hardest part of the stem.
- Cook the asparagus in boiling salty water.
- Remove the asparagus and boil the black venus rice in the same water.
- Meanwhile (slice the asparagus except 4).
- Then chop the shallot and panfry it with extra virgin olive oil.
- When the shallot it is golden, add the asparagus, and mix well.
- When the rice is ready, drain it and sauté with the asparagus sauce.
- In another pan boil the eggs (you can also use quail eggs).
- Use cold water to cool the eggs and peel them off.
- Make the parmesan baskets.
- When the baskets are ready, fill them in with rice with the asparagus, and the boiled egg.
- Sprinkle with black pepper.
The amount of rice and parmesan cheese actually depend on the basket size