Stuffed Baked Potatoes with Bacon and Cheese
Potatoes are an extremely versatile ingredient, perfect to make simple and delicious side dish recipes. It combines incredibly with cheese. With this two simple ingredients and a little imagination you can make and incredible dish like cheesy scalloped potatoes. It’s a yummy combination that you can enrich with other delicious ingredients, for example bacon. But what cheese to choose? We suggest easy baked potatoes with cheddar cheese!
Cheddar is the ideal cheese for this dish: it's hard but has a crumbly texture and its flavor with hints of caramel combines very well with the sweetness of potatoes. You can also add other cheeses like fontina or mozzarella to make this delicious side dish ecen richer.
So, prepare all the necessary ingredients and let’s see how to make baked potatoes with cheese step by step.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Wash the potatoes and dry them with towel paper.
- Pierce the potatoes with a fork, place them on a rack and put in the oven for one hour.
- Cut the bacon and the cheddar into small dices.
- Once potatoes are ready, remove from the oven and set the temperature to 400°F.
- Cut the potatoes in two partes without removing the peel and scoop out the flesh into a bowl, leaving the shells intact.
- In a nonstick pan cook the bacon until crispy.
- Melt the butter in a small pan.
- Mix the potatoes' flesh with 3/4 of the butter, cheese, half of the bacon, a pinch of salt and pepper and the chopeed parlsey.
- Fill in the shells with this mixture.
- Brush the potatoes with the remaining butter and bake them again for 15 minutes.
- Serve your homemade cheesy-stuffed potatoes hot.