Sticky Toffee Pudding with Salted Butter and Caramel Sauce
Salted butter is a real delicacy. One of those things that once you've tried it you can't stop eating!
Trust me and try it on a slice of good bread with blackberry jam. A real gourmet experience!
But let's see another tempting recipe with salted butter and how to use this extraordinary ingredient in the kitchen. A mouthwatering sticky toffee pudding with salted butter and caramel sauce. A special dessert for a special dinner!
- Cream butter and sugar (5 oz) until obtaining a white and fluffy dough.
- Beat in egg gradually while keeping wihisking the mixture.
- Sift flour with baking soda and baking powder.
- Add finally chopped nuts, or dates.
- Butter 4 muffin molds and pur the mixture into each.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350° F for about 25 minutes.
Caramel sauce recipe
- While the cakes are in the oven, prepare the sweet caramel sauce.
- In a large saucepan, melt the sugar without making it burn or it will be bitter. Thu sugar is ready once it ges a brown color but not too dark.
- When the sugar melts into caramel, remove from heat, add the unsalted butter and the cream and put it back on low heat and let it simmer for a few seconds until it is thick and creamy.
- Pour the caramel in a glass container and let cool to room temperature.
- Once the cakes are ready, make some small holes on their surface using a toothpick or skewer.
- Sprinkle the cakes with the caramel sauce.
- Serve the cakes still warm.
Alternatively, you can follow this video tutorial. Here dates are used and mixed with some water.