Spinach and Ricotta Ravioli with Walnut Sauce
Which sauce is better to use to enhance the flavor of Ricotta and Spinach stuffed pasta? We suggest you the walnut sauce, a refined and delicious recipe part of the culinary tradition of Liguria.
Walnut sauce: flavors from LiguriaThe walnut sauce is a refined recipe part of the culinary tradition of Liguria. It is a truly unique concentration of flavor and fragrance. The ingredients, harmonizing with each other, bring out the flavor of the pasta without masking it. The walnut sauce can be bought ready, but if you have time, cook it at home and remember that it must be consumed freshly prepared.
- Take a slice of stale bread and sunk it in milk.
- Then squeeze the milk out and put the slice of bread in a mixer.
- Add the garlic, the walnuts, pine nuts, some Pecorino (or Parmigiano if you don't like strong flavors), salt and some olive oil and mix everything until obtaining a creamy sauce. If it is too dry add a bit of milk or cream.
- Cook the spinach and ricotta cappellacci, add the walnut sauce and toss well.
- Finally, sprinkle with some roasted pine nuts and grated Parmigiano or Pecorino.