Spinach and Ricotta Ravioli Sauce: Butter and Sage
The butter and sage sauce is the most classical companion for ravioli and any other type of filled pasta, bringing out the delicate taste of the ravioli filling instead of interfering with it.
Ravioli are a typical type of Italian pasta. This tender and delicate fresh egg pasta can have different fillings. Maybe the most famous type of ravioli in the world is ravioli with meat sauce. Yet, there is another variety of vegetarian ravioli which became extremely popular throughout the world: spinach and ricotta filled ravioli, perfect for vegetarians too.
Here, we suggest you one of the simplest sauces for ravioli.
The butter and sage sauce is the most classical companion for ravioli and any other type of filled pasta. In fact, this pasta sauce brings out the delicate taste of the ravioli filling instead of interfering with it.
Cooking ravioli with butter and sage sauce is quite easy and doesn't take much time.
- While you are cooking the ravioli in boiling water, just slowly melt the butter in a small pan.
- Add since the beginning 6 to 8 entire leaves of sage.
- When the ravioli are ready, remove the sage leaves from the sauce and toss the ravioli with it.
- Alternatively, you can add shredded sage leaves to the butter and leave them in the sauce.
- Sprinkle with some Parmigiano or Grana Padano cheese.