Speck Roll-Ups with Aged Ricotta and Dates
Do you know this delicious Italian ingredient? If not, we suggest you to try it. Ricotta cheese is such a versatile cheese that you won't help buying it anymore! And Ricotta Salata is its salted version. Try it simply with a sprinkle of oil or balsamic vinegar, otherwise combining it with honey.
However, among many recipes with dry aged riccotta, we suggest you one that combines the particular lactic flavor of aged ricotta with the intense and sharp taste of speck, and the sweet taste of dates: a perfect mix to make a tasty and easy appetizer.
Let’s see how to create this recipe in a few steps!
- Unpit the dates and cut them in half.
- Cut each liceof Speck int two thinner slices.
- Cut a thin slice of ricotta salata.
- Dip each stick of cheese in balsamic vinegar and put it next to the piece of date.
- Wrap them with a half slice of Speck.
- Place on a baking dish and cook in oven at 375 ° until the Speck becomes crispy (about 30 minutes).
Fast, simple and delicious: serve this appetizer with a good white wine!