A Special Pesto Pasta Recipe: a Delicious Ligurian Main Course
Are you looking for a delicious and fast main course? Pasta with pesto is a tasty and easy idea for a genuine meal!
Are you looking for a tasty and fast main course? Pasta with pesto is the right recipe for you, a perfect mix of intense and sweet flavor, ideal for any type of lunch or dinner. Pesto Genovese is a traditional specialty from Liguria, a Northern Italian region worldwide famous for this delicious pine nuts and basil sauce.
You can use this sauce make a delicious creamy pasta with pesto recipe: you have to add it to cooked pasta and the dish is ready to be served! There is also another version of pasta with pesto that is very popular which implies the adding of fresh chopped tomatoes. And this is the recipe we want to suggest you today.
Follow our instructions and prepare to enjoy this delicious version of pesto pasta.
- Wash the fresh tomatoes and dice them.
- Put the pine nuts in a pan with extra virgin oil and panfry them for few minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes, at the end add salt.
- In the meantime, cook the pasta in salted boiling water.
- Drain the pasta and put in the pan with the sauce and sauté for 1 minute.
- Remove from fire and add the pesto sauce (learn how to make homemade pesto).
- Mix the pasta and serve.
To garnish your dish, add some basil leafs and a sprinkle of Grana Padano. About the type of pasta to choose, usually for pasta with basil pesto, Italians use long-shaped pasta like bucatini or spaghetti. If you prefer short pasta, we suggest penne or trofie.