A Special Pesto Pasta Recipe: a Delicious Ligurian Main Course
Are you looking for a delicious and fast main course? Pasta with pesto is a tasty and easy idea for a genuine meal!
- Wash the fresh tomatoes and dice them.
- Put the pine nuts in a pan with extra virgin oil and panfry them for few minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes, at the end add salt.
- In the meantime, cook the pasta in salted boiling water.
- Drain the pasta and put in the pan with the sauce and sauté for 1 minute.
- Remove from fire and add the pesto sauce (learn how to make homemade pesto).
- Mix the pasta and serve.
To garnish your dish, add some basil leafs and a sprinkle of Grana Padano. About the type of pasta to choose, usually for pasta with basil pesto, Italians use long-shaped pasta like bucatini or spaghetti. If you prefer short pasta, we suggest penne or trofie.