Soft Orange Cake with Organic Citrus Jam
An orange cake recipe with organic citrus jam and orange honey. Prepare this cake for a sweet start or for a delicious snack.
- Zest the oranges and set aside.
- In a bowl beat the eggs with the sugar until the mizture becomes foamy and frothy.
- While mixing, add oil, honey, orange juice, orange zest, salt and flour, finally add the yeast.
- Pour the dough in a greased and floured round cake pan.
- Bake in preheated oven at 325 F degrees for 40-45 minutes. To check if the cake is ready, use the toothpick test: place the tootpick in the center of the cake: if it comes out clean and dry the cake is ready.
- Cover with aluminium foil and leave the cake in the oven (off) for a few minutes.
- Let it cool overnight. The day after you can cut the cake horizontally into two layers.
- Spread the first layer with the jam, cover with the other layer and sprinkle with icing sugar.
You can make two or three layers, depending on the height of your baking pan. We used a 8-inch cake pan.