A Simple Recipe for Bloody Mary and 4 Tasty Variations
Bloody Mary is one of the most fantastic cocktails ever invented, the perfect drink for a tasty and aperitivo. Follow our tips and enjoy!
Bloody Mary... someone calls him the “next day cocktail”, the perfect hangover cure. We don't know whether it's true or not, but we know that the Bloody Mary is one of the most fantastic cocktails ever invented.
Then let's start then from the Bloody Mary's ingredients and preparation, which is pretty simple as it happens directly in the glass.
How to make the perfect Bloody Mary recipe
- https://www.sensibus.com/cheesesPut the ice cubes, tomato juice, vodka and lemon juice in the shaker.
- Shake vigorously, with a move back and forth, for a dozen times.
- Pour the cocktail into a tall tumbler, then sprinkle with a pinch of salt
- and of grated pepper.
- Add the Tabasco and the Worcestershire Sauce; mix gently before serving.
- Garnish the Bloody Mary with a stalk of celery or with some chives.
Bloody Mary: the legend
There are many stories and legends aboyut the Bloody Mary origins. According to some, it is to be attributed to Queen Mary I Tudor of England, called Bloody Mary due to the violent persecution of the Protestants during the mid-sixteenth century. The bloody queen is likely to have inspired the cocktail. But who first put it in the glass?
According to one of the many stories about it, in 1920 Fernand Petiot, a Parisian bartender, followed the idea of one of his customers to mix tomato juice and Vodka in equal parts.
Bloody Mary Variants
Finally, as always, here are some variations on the theme. One of the most famous is the "Ceaser" , hailing from Canada where today it is much more popular than the Bloody Mary. It was invented in 1969 by bartender Walter Chell at Owl's Nest Bar in Calgary to accompany the opening of a new restaurant. In its original version this drink contained clams soup mixed with tomato juice, and the other ingredients of Bloody Mary. Sometimes a shrimp or crunchy bacon is is also used as a garnish. Other variations include the replacement of vodka with Mexican Beer (Chelada), sake (Bloody Geisha), American Whiskey (Brown Mary), Tequila (Bloody Rita), Dark Rum (Bloody Pirate) or sharry (Bloody Bishop).
- The vegetarian Bloody Mary: garnish the Bloody Mary with a skewers with some olives and other vegetable pickles.
- The Meaty Bloody Mary: garnish with salami and crispy bacon.
- The sea Bloody Mary: decorate with 1 shrimps and one asparagus.
- The Cheese Bloody Mary: garnish with a skewer with 4 types of cheese (Pecorino, Parmigiano, Provolone, Taleggio).
For further information watch the video tutorial below.
Diritto d'autore: happylark / 123RF Archivio Fotografico