Simple Beer and Cheese Fondue Recipe
A simple fondue cheese recipe enriched by the intense and sweet flavor of an Irish Red Ale. Fo the perfect beer and cheese pairing!
St. Patrick's Day is near and it's time to organize your beer-based menu. Sensibus presents some delicious cheese and beer recipes to celebrate the most famous Irish celebration in the world.
Let's start with a simple fondue cheese recipe enriched by the intense and sweet flavor of an Irish Red Ale. Serve it as a tasty appetizer or a main course.
What Kind of Cheese for Fondue?
- Cut the Swiss cheese and Fontina into cubes;
- in a saucepan pour the beer and add slowly the cheeses;
- cook over a low heat until the cheese is completly melt, then add the Gorgonzola and continue cooking for 15 minutes;
- dice the toast or fresh bread if you perfer, brown it on a pan for 5 minutes;
- serve the fontina in little terracotta bowls accompanied by the baked bread.
Beer Cheese Fondue Dippers
What kinds of foods can you dip into a cheese fondue? Serve your fondue with ham cubes, potatoes or steamed vegetables: broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, asparagus, Brussels sprouts, zucchini, or cooked artichokes and roasted mushrooms.