Simple Beer and Cheese Fondue Recipe
St. Patrick's Day is near and it's time to organize your beer-based menu. Sensibus presents some delicious cheese and beer recipes to celebrate the most famous Irish celebration in the world.
Let's start with a simple fondue cheese recipe enriched by the intense and sweet flavor of an Irish Red Ale. Serve it as a tasty appetizer or a main course.
What Kind of Cheese for Fondue?
- Cut the Swiss cheese and Fontina into cubes;
- in a saucepan pour the beer and add slowly the cheeses;
- cook over a low heat until the cheese is completly melt, then add the Gorgonzola and continue cooking for 15 minutes;
- dice the toast or fresh bread if you perfer, brown it on a pan for 5 minutes;
- serve the fontina in little terracotta bowls accompanied by the baked bread.
Beer Cheese Fondue Dippers
What kinds of foods can you dip into a cheese fondue? Serve your fondue with ham cubes, potatoes or steamed vegetables: broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, asparagus, Brussels sprouts, zucchini, or cooked artichokes and roasted mushrooms.