Pasta alla Norma, a Sicilian Recipe
Ricotta salata is an extremly versatile cheese. You can use it on salads, to substitute Feta Greek cheese, in sandwiches or simply sprinkle it over your pasta and risotto recipes.
Sicilian Pasta Recipe with Ricotta Salata Cheese
- Cut the eggplant in ½-inch thick slices.
- Sprinkle them with some salt and let them sit and release moisture for 30 minutes.
- Fry thems in abundant olive oil until they are soft and slightly brown. Lay them out on a plate and put aside.
- Cook the garlic in 4 tablespoons of olive oil until it begins to color, then add the tomatoes, salt and pepper and cook until it is nicely saucy and at the end add some leaves of basil.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta in salted water and drain it.
- Cut the fried eggplants into thin stripes and add them to the sauce.
- Then toss the pasta with the tomato sauce and the eggplant stripes.
- Add some basil and finally sprinkle with grated Ricotta salata, of course!