Sharp Cheddar Cheese Pear Pie
What to do with sharp Cheddar cheese? Try this simple and versatile Cheddar cheese pie, perfect as a celebratory dessert or a breakfast snack!
Cheddar is a very versatile cheese, you can use it combined with meat, pasta or potatoes and in many cheese pie recipes. This type of cheese comes from Medieval England but today Cheddar is one of the most famous cheeses in the world and it's used in several recipes of American cuisine.
But what to do with sharp Cheddar cheese? we suggest you this simple and versatile Cheddar cheese pie, perfect as a celebratory dessert or a breakfast snack!
Cheese and pears
The most pouplar version of this recipe is Cheddar cheese apple pie, but you can substitute apples with pears and try this special combination.
It's very frequent to find apple pie served with a slice of cheese “an apple pie without the cheese is like a kiss without the squeeze!”, as someone says. Yet, for Italians the perfect cheese and fruit pairing is cheese with pears. Therefore, enjoy this Cheddar cheese pie crust with pears!
How to prepare Cheddar cheese pie
- Peel and chop the pears.
- In a saucepan mix the pears with the sugar and cook until the pears get tender.
- Drain the liquid.
- Blend the pears with 2 tablespoons of butter and the vanilla.
- Take the pie shell, put it in a tart pan and cover it with some baking paper.
- Ffill it in with dried beans as in the picture and bake at 425 F° for 10 minutes.
- Remove the beans and the paper and bake a few minutes more.
- Mix the cheese, flour and sugar, and stir in melted butter (¼ cup).
- Take the piecrust you have prepared, put the pears mixture in it and add the cheese mixture.
- Bake at 425° for 25 minutes.