Seafood Couscous with Squid, Dried Tomatoes and Bottarga
Dreaming of Marrakech or of a romantic Sicilian sunset? Here is a seafood couscous enriched with the special taste of bottarga!
The version we propose today includes a special ingredient that will make this recipe even more refined: Italian bottarga.
Couscous Health Benefits
How to Cook Seafood Couscous with Bottarga and Squid Rings
- First of all wash the tomatoes, cut into small pieces and drain to remove the water.
- Clean and cut the squid into rings. Wash the shrimps.
- Cut the dried tomatoes into thin strips.
- Panfry lightly the sliced garlic in oil and add salt, parsley, capers, the dryed tomatoes, sprinkle with chili pepper powder.
- Add the fish stock concentrate and the diced tomatoes.
- When the ingredients begin to moisten, add the squid rings and the shrimps. After a minute add the wine and when it evaporates remove the shrimps. You will add again the shrimps to the sauce only one minute before ready.
- After a few minutes add the tomato puree and cook on low heat.
- Meanwhile, prepare the cous cous following the instructions on the packaging (precooked couscous wonm't take more than 5 minutes).
- When the cous cous is ready, lay it on a serving tray, pour over the sauce with squid, sprinkle with lime juice and a bountiful sprinkling of bottarga.
- Serve it hot with steamed vegetables.