Savory Pumpkin and Goat Cheese Tart
A pumpkin and goat cheese pie, what a perfect combination! It can be an elegant Thanksgiving starter or an excellent Halloween fingerfood. It's up to you!
A pumpkin and goat cheese pie with a puff pastry crust, what a perfect combination! The sweet flavor of pumpkin matches wonderfully with the sour taste of goat cheese.
This pumpkin and goat cheese quiche recipe is very easy and suitable to any occasion. It can be an elegant Thanksgiving starter or an excellent Halloween fingerfood. In this case you can cut the puff pastry into discs and make many mini pumpkin tarts. If you want, use pie crust instead of puff pastry. As usual, our recommendation is to use only the best ingredients.
How to Make a Puff Pastry Pumpkin Pie
- Cut the pumpkin into dices and blanch for a few minutes using a colander!
- Then take a frying pan and brown it with chopped shallot and a tablespoon of oil.
- Just before the cooking is finished sprinkle with chives, salt and pepper and wait a few minutes. Cut the goat cheese into small pieces.
- In a bowl mix the eggs with the Stracchino, the grated Parmesan cheese and add then add the cubes of pumpkins and pieces of goat cheese.
- Cover a baking pan with a sheet of puff pastry, sprinkle it with grated bread and pour the mixture on it.
- Add a tablespoon of oil and bake at 390°F for about 30/35 minutes.
- Serve warm with a handful of crunchy pine nuts ... it will be a delight!