Savory Crepes with Brie Cheese, Ham and Olives
Here is a a simple and quick a delicious main dish for any occasion: ham and cheese crepes. Adults and children will love it!
Crepes are a delicious main dish for any occasion. easy to prepare and that will satisfy both adults and children, if made with good ingredients. We suggest you the simplest version of crepes: a ham and cheese crepes recipe.
Crepes are known as typical French recipe, but nowadays they are made in many other countries and localized with the typical ingredients of each place.
The dough is very easy to prepare, in fact, you just need few ingredients: flour, milk and eggs. Then, you have to choose the filling. It is not by chance that one of the best cheeses for crepes is a French cheese: Brie.
Brie is a famous French cheese with a pungeunt taste and a soft and creamy consistency.
A classic combination is brie with speck, but we decided to add another ingredient to make a particular Brie crepes recipe, a delicious Ligurian specialty: Taggiasche olives.
Well, let’s see the steps to make these yummy crepes with brie, speck and olives.
For the crepe batter
- Beat the eggs.
- Sift the flour and add it to the eggs.
- Stir in the milk.
- Add the salt.
- Finally melt the butter and add it toi the mixture, always stirring until it is creamy and homogeneous.
- Put the mixture in the refrigerator and let stand for at least 30 minutes.
- Put a drizzle of olive oil in a non-stick pan and pour a ladle of batter in it.
- Cook both sides for one minute.
For the cheese crepe filling
- Cut the Brie into dices.
- Put them in a pan with the parmigiano reggiano and 4 tablespoons of milk and heat up until they melt.
- IF necessary, pit the olives and chop them in small pieces.
- Spread the Brie cream on the crepes, then a slice of Speck and the chopped olives.
- Roll the crepes and put them in a buttered oven pan. Cover them the remaining brie cream and add a sprinkle of parmigiano reggiano.
- Put the pan in hot oven for a couple of minutes.
How to serve cheese crepe
Your French ham and cheese crepes are now ready to be served and tasted.
If you want, try the authentic crepe bretonne recipe and replace flour with buckwheat.
As for the filling, have fun and add vegetables, crumbled walnuts, sand the ingredients you prefer!