A Romantic Breakfast Idea: Valentine's Heart Shaped Strudel
A romantic breakfast recipe to start Valentine's Day in a special way. A simple cake recipe to let the one you love start the day sweetly!
If you are looking for Valentine's day ideas you can add this simple idea to your list: make a homemade romantic meal for two. You can choice simple romantic dinner recipes quick to prepare but with a great taste and we can suggest you some that your loved one will surely enjoy.
And to conlude the meal here is a simple Valentine's cake recipe.
You can also use this berry strudel recipe for a romantic breakfast: wake up early and make the cake, or if you prefer make it the previous evening. Your partner will be happy to start the day a romantic breakfest in bed.
- Sieve the flour onto the pastry board and make a well in the centre.
- In the well put the egg, the extra virgin olive oil, the salt and some warm water.
- Start kneading the dough until it is smooth and elastic.
- Cover the dough and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile wash and dry the berries.
- Roll out the dough on a baking paper sheet with a rolling pin.
- Cut two hearts out of the pastry.
- Cover the top of one of the hearts with honey and add cookie crumbs, berries and grounded nuts.
- Cover with the other heart-shaped pastry sheet and brush the top with milk.
- Bake in the oven at 356°F for 40 minutes.
Before serving, sprinkle with icing sugar.
Happy Valentine's Day with Sensibus Recipes!