Risotto with Robiola Cheese and Black Truffle
Robiola can be perfectly enjoyed as a table cheese, just with a piece of crusty bread and a good glass of Langhe Chardonnay. Yet, it is also used in many delicious recipes.
Robiola can be perfectly enjoyed as a table cheese, just with a piece of crusty bread and a good glass of Langhe Chardonnay. Yet, it is also used for cooking and there are many delicious recipes based on Robiola cheese from Piedmont and Lombardy.
- Heat the broth (home made or made from stock cube) in a pot.
- Fry the chopped onion in a pan with some olive oil.
- Then add the rice and pan-fry it until it has absorbed the oil.
- Add the glass of wine and simmer until the wine has evaporated.
- Then, begin to add the broth gradually with the aid of a ladle. Every time the liquid has been absorbed, add new broth and stir constantly. The rice will be cooked in about 15 minutes.
- Shortly before the rice is cooked, add the Robiola, salt, pepper, the chopped parsley and the grated Parmigiano Reggiano.
- Stir well for another minute and then serve the risotto with thin slices of grated black truffle sprinkled over it or season with black truffles salt!