Rigatoni with Robiola Cheese and Speck
Here we are with another robiola cheese recipe: rigatoni with robiola and speck.
Robiola is a fresh soft-ripened cheese produced in Piedmont, in the northern part of Italy. This cheese can be produced with one, two or three different kinds of milk. These different processes produce different flavors.
Also the age of the cheese makes the difference: if fresh Robiola is creamy and delicate, aged Robiola is definitely tastier!
Robiola and speck is a great combination: two products of the Piedmont cuisine, really versatile and tasty. You can use this sauce to season pasta, as in this recipe, but also you can use speck and Robiola to season pizza or to garnish savory pies.
In this recipe we use Guffanti two milks Robiola, made from cow's and sheep's milk. It's characterized by mushroomy and buttery notes, flavors that you can well combine with the tasty and smoked speck. However, feel free to choose your favorite one Robiola type (Robiola Bosina, Three milks Robiola...).
Robiola wine pairing: fruity white wine.
- Boil salted water in a large pot. Add pasta and stir it up.
- Drain the pasta whe it is al dente, following the cooking directions written in the pack. Yet, taste one Rigatone to check the right cooking.
- Before draining, set aside a ladle of cooking water.
- Meanwhile, cdice the speck and put it in a pan with a tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, let it brown.
- In a large bowl mix Robiola, Parmesan, salt, pepper.
- Wash and chop the parsley.
- When the pasta is ready add the cheese sauce, and add some boiling water to make it more creamy.
- Garnish with speck and parsley.