Ravioli with Pecorino and Truffle in Porcini Mushrooms Sauce
Try this special ravioli filling with ricotta and pecorino cheese, enriched by the unique taste of Porcini mushrooms and truffle.
Ravioli is one of the most valued type of Italian pasta in the world. As well as being very good it is a very nutritious dish, in addition to the sauce there is the filling that can contain cheese, vegetables or meat.
That's the beauty of making homemade ravioli: you can choose the ingredients that you most love and experience lots of flavor combinations. Once you have learned how to prepare the dough you can fire your imagination.
In this recipe you can try a different cheese ravioli filling with ricotta and pecorino cheese, enriched by the unique taste of the truffle. The mushrooms sauce combines with the ravioli's filling and you will love this stuffed pasta!
If you dont'have time to make homemade pasta you can buy fresh ravioli with porcini and truffle or spinach and ricotta (please, don't think about ravioli can!).
Use this recipe for an important occasion: a romantic dinner, in the Christmas menu or in the Easter one.
To make the ravioli dough you can follow the instructions in this homemade ravioli recipe.
How to make ravioli filling
In a bowl mix the ricotta, grated pecorino, truffle, nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste. Mix all the ingredients.
How to make ravioli
- Split the dough into two parts and roll out the dough using a rolling pin or a pasta machine.
- Cut the rolled out sheets of dough into thin strips.
- With a spoon, place the filling in small heaps onto the strips at an equal distance.
- Use just a bit of water to moisten the dough sheet between the filling heaps.
- Gently lay the top sheet of pasta over the filled bottom layer.
- Press down firmly between the dumplings and cut the squares with the help of a pastry cutter.
- Press down the edges of each single raviolo with a fork.
- Boil the ravioli in salted water.
How to make ravioli sauce
- Chop the shallot finely, put it in a saucepan with a little bit of Extravirgin Olive Oil and a knob of butter.
- Cook and stir until the shallot begins to soften, about 2 minutes.
- Add the sliced mushrooms, thyme, sage, and continue cooking and stirring until they are soft and the liquid has evaporated, about 10 minutes.
- Deglaze the pan with marsala wine and let the wine reduce.
- Add a ladle of hot broth and let it reduce.
- When the sauce is ready eliminate sage and thyme and add chopped parsley.
- Add the cooked ravioli to the porcini mushroom sauce, and cook over a moderate heat for a minute with the mushrooms sauce.
- Add a konb of butter and finish with pecorino cheese and truffle.
How long do you cook homemade ravioli?
Fresh ravioli cook very quickly, usually they are ready when they float, and sometimes, especially if they have very soft fillings, they emerge immediately. To be sure they are ready let them cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove them with a slotted spoon.
Wine and food pairing
Red wines: Barolo (Piedmont), Barbaresco (Piedmont), Dolcetto d'Alba (Piedmont).
White wines: Verdicchio (Marche) or Vernaccia di San Gimignano (Tuscany).