Quick Thanksgiving Appetizers: Pecorino Cheese and Bacon Fritters
An easy Thanksgiving appetizer with pecorino cheese and bacon. Try these Italian-style fritters, a tasty finger food! really quick to prepare.
- To prepare cheese and bacon fritters put flour, water and salt in a large bowl;
- mix well and add Pecorino cheese and bacon;
- add the yeast to make the dough rise;
- heat the oil in a frying pan;
- pour the blend using a tablespoon, cook on both sides.
When the fritters golden, they are ready to be enjoyed!
Our tip: when oil is still gold, put a small parsley stem in the pan. When the oil temperature is good, the stem starts frying. Now, it's time to fry your fritters. Once ready, dry the exceeding oil with kitchen paper.
For a gourmet version of this appetizer recipe you can substitute bacon with the smoked flavor of Speck Italian Ham.