Pumpkin, Chickpea and Pear Soup
An easy pumpkin soup recipe reinvented with the addition of chickpeas and pears. Try it once and you'll fall in love!
This creamy pumpkin soup recipe is perfect for these autumn nights.
If you want replace the pears with a blend of cumin, coriander, cinnamon and fresh grated ginger to make a luscious Moroccan pumpkin and chickpea soup. Furthermore it can be an excellent starter for your Thanksgiving menu or, even better, a day after Thanksgiving soup to recycle the leftover of the previous day meal.
- Chop onion and celery, cut into cubes and put them in a pan with a little oil. Pan-fry.
- Cut the pumpkin into cubes and add it to the pan.
- Add the laurel leaves, chopped sun-dried tomatoes and a sprinkling of paprika.
- Meanwhile peel and cut the pears into cubes.
- Cover with the broth, bring to a boil and, after about 10 minutes, add the chickpeas and the pears.
- Cook for further 10-15 minutes, until the pumpkin is soft enough.
- Remove the bay leaf and blend the soup until obtaining a smooth cream.
- Season with salt and pour the cream into bowls.
- Sprinkle with paprika and serve accompanied by toasted croutons.