Pecorino di Fossa Cheese with Pears in Red Wine
Pears in red wine with cheese: a perfect pairing to be served as a side dish. Adding couple of slices of cheese more it can become a refined starter and definitely a dish that will make cheese lovers very happy!
How to Make Pecorino Cheese with Pears
- Pour the wine in a saucepan and add the honey and the sugar.
- Put it on the stove and bring to a boil.
- Now add the spices and the lemon zest and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Wash the pears and add them to the liquid. Cook for 30 minutes over low heat and covered.
- Once the pears are cooked and the liquid has become syrupy, remove the fruit.
- Strain the wine syrup and cut the pears into cubes and the Pecorino cheese into slices.
- Arrange the slices of cheese on one side and the diced pear on the other sied.
- Finally, pour a tablespoon of wine reduction on the pears.
Pears and Cheese
Pears and cheese is an extraordinary combination, but what kind of cheese goes well with pears? Many combinations are possible, but we suggest you to try with blue cheese, Stilton, Caciocavallo, Taleggio, goat cheese and Pecorino.
In particular, the latter is a classic pears and cheese pairing. Serve some slices of pecorino and pears with a drizzle of good honey and some chopped walnuts. Your guests will love it!