Pasta with Tomatoes, Olives, Anchovies and Capers
Spaghetti with tomatoes, olives, anchovies and capers. This is what we can call a quick tomato sauce for pasta, to do when you have little time and especially if your fridge is empty.
Spaghetti with tomatoes, olives, anchovies and capers, that is the “Puttanesca” sauce, is a first course from the traditional Puglia cuisine.
This is what we can call a quick tomato sauce for pasta, to do when you have little time and especially if your fridge is empty. You really need a few ingredients to make this easy Italian tomato sauce recipe, a fast and tasty dish, where what makes the difference is the authenticity of the products you use.
How to Make the Puttanesca Pasta Recipe
- Bring salted water to a boil. D not exaggerate with salt since the ingredients you will add are quite salty.
- Fry garlic and chili in a frying pan with oil.
- As the garlic is slightly golden, add the anchovy fillets first, then the tomato pulp. Crush the tomatoes with a fork so that they release the juice and let them cook over a slow heat for about 15 minutes until they begin to dry.
- When the water is boiling, cook the spaghetti.
- Meanwhile, remember to remove the garlic cloves, if you only like the smell, add capers and black olives.
- Cook a few minutes more.
- Drain the spaghetti "al dente", and add them into the sauce. Leave on the fire one more minute to make them mix well with the sauce.
Serve with a glass of red wine.