Pasta with Seafood, Ginger and Lime Sauce
Simplicity and delicacy are the main features of this seafood pasta recipe. Choose fresh mixed seafood, add ginger and lime, and celebrate summer!
Simplicity, speed of creation and delicacy are the main features of this seafood pasta recipe, the perfect choice to make your guests happy on a summer dinner or on a festive day.
Choose fresh mixed seafood, but if you can't find it, you can opt for frozen mussuels and clams, although they won't be as tasty as the fresh ones.
Seafood, Lime and Ginger: a Trio of Freshness
In this recipe the Italian gastronomy gains an exotic touch. Add the freshness of ginger and lime to traditional seafood pasta with white wine, and the result will be a healthy and incredibly tasty dish.
- Wash the seafood. If you are using fresh clams, put them in salted cold water for a couple of hours and rinse them. If you use fresh mussels, scrub the shells with the help of a knife or a metal sponge, and remove the beard.
- Put some water in a pot and bring it to a boil.
- In the meantime crush the garlic and put it in a large frying pan on very low heat, let it brown and then remove it.
- Peel and cut the ginger, chop it and put it in the frying pan until it gets a golden-brown color.
- In another pan put the the clams and the mussels and cover with a lid. Once they are open, remove from heat, filter the water (so aso to get rid of sand) and set it aside
- In the pan with the ginger add the prawns and after one minute add the clams and the mussels.
- Add the wite wine and let the alcohol evaporate.
- Add salt and pepper. Once the pasta is al dente, drain it and put in the pan with the seafood. Add the chopped parsley and the grated lime zest, sauté for a few seconds and serve.
- Garnish with some slices of lime.
Images: Pasta with seafood and lime, CC BY 2.0