Pasta Salad with Pesto, Ricotta Salata and Cherry Tomatoes
Springtime is the best period to have a picnic lunch, the sun heats but doesn't burn and the nature flourishes celebrating the cycle of life. It's the perfect setting to relax and have a refreshing break.
Today we show you an easy pasta salad that will be perfect for your outdoor lunch: Pesto, cherry tomatoes and salted Ricotta , everything seasoned with an elegant Extra Virgin Olive Oil and fresh basil.
Therefore, instead of having a lunch break in a crowded restaurant (or worse, in the office!), we propose you to arm yourself with everything you need to make a picnic (basket, blanket, cold food...) and spend an hour in contact with nature, eating a tasty italian pasta salad.
We have chosen all high quality ingredients to season this cold pasta salad: Pesto, Ricotta Salata (salted ricotta) and Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Pesto is a basil sauce (originated in Genoa) used to season first course dishes, while Ricotta Salata is a very savory and digestible dairy product, typical of Southern Italian regions. It's a versatile cheese, that can be used grated, sliced or diced, in according with your personal preferences. EVOO is the most nutritious and healthy oil you can use in your recipes.
Adding fresh basil before serve it to enrich your plate with an extraordinary fragrance.
- In a large pot boil salty water (1 tbs salt).
- Wash cherry tomatoes and cut them in half.
- Put the tomatoes in a bowl, add extra virgin olive oil and salt to taste. This will be your pasta salad dressing.
- When the water is boiling add the pasta and stir to prevent it from sticking on the bottom (follow the instructions about the cooking time on the package).
- Drain the pasta and put it in the bowl with the sauce, and add the pesto (homemade pesto of ready made pesto).
- Stir and add salty ricotta, diced or sliced as you prefere.
- Garnish with basil leaves.
- Before serving it add a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, if required.