Pasta with Chickpeas and 'Nduja
Calabrian nduja is a spreadable pork salami, perfect spread on some bread, or to make delicious pasta loke this tasty 'nduja pasta sauce with chickpeas.
The calabrian nduja is a spreadable pork salume, made with spices and pork scraps. It was originally a poor product, but it spread like the Calabrian cuisine specialties most known all over in the world.
How to eat 'nduja? You can spread over toasted bread or use nduja to flavor a pasta sauce. You can also use it in the pizza or pairing with semi-hard cheeses.
In this article we present a pasta recipe with a tasty 'nduja pasta sauce, with chickpeas, you can use canned chick peas but the best combination is with dried chickpeas.
To use dried chickpeas: remember to soak them 24 hours before cooking, then, drain them and put the chickpeas in a saucepan with a garlic clove, rosemary and cover with water, boil until the chickpeas are cooked and set aside.
- Heat a garlic clove in a 2 tablespoon of il oil.
- Remove the garlic before it darkens and add the tomato sauce and 'nduja.
- Add the chickpeas, cover with water and cook for 30 minutes.
- Salt and cook the pasta in the soup following the directions printed on the package.
- Add water, if necessary, but be careful: this first course is not a soup and the final dish has to be quite dry.
- Turn off the heat, add a tablespoon of oil and the chopped parsley. Cover and serve still hot.
Foto: Pasta with chickpeas by Shuets Udono CC 2.0
'Nduja by Jessica Spengler CC 2.0