Parmigiano Cheese Fondue with Drops of Balsamic Vinegar
Altough cheese fondue is a Swiss recipe, in this dish we'll use the king of Italian Cheese, Parmigiano Reggiano, and a refined ingredient like balsamic vinegar of Modena.
How to make a cheese fondue
- Pour the cream in a steel bowl and add grated Parmesan cheese. The ratio of these two ingredients must be almost one by one.
- If you want to make the mixture thicker add the potato.
- Put the bowl on a pot with simmering boiling water inside creating a double boiler.
- Whisk the cream until the mixture will be smooth but pay attention to never exceed 176°F otherwise your cream will be "mealy" due to a reaction of cheese.
How to serve a Parmigiano cheese fondue
- Sprinkle with balsamic vinegar and serve the cheese fondue very hot with some some baked bread or crakers.