Parmigiano Cheese Fondue with Drops of Balsamic Vinegar
This is really a special recipe to make to delight your friends. And the most incredible thing is that it is very simple!
This foolproof cheese fondue recipe can be used as entrée and as a first course.
Altough cheese fondue is a Swiss recipe, in this dish we'll use the king of Italian Cheese, Parmigiano Reggiano, and a refined ingredient like balsamic vinegar of Modena.
How to make a cheese fondue
- Pour the cream in a steel bowl and add grated Parmesan cheese. The ratio of these two ingredients must be almost one by one.
- If you want to make the mixture thicker add the potato.
- Put the bowl on a pot with simmering boiling water inside creating a double boiler.
- Whisk the cream until the mixture will be smooth but pay attention to never exceed 176°F otherwise your cream will be "mealy" due to a reaction of cheese.
How to serve a Parmigiano cheese fondue
- Sprinkle with balsamic vinegar and serve the cheese fondue very hot with some some baked bread or crakers.