Pandoro Christmas Tree with Custard and Currant
This Christmas recipe will turn your Pandoro into a yummy cake! An easy Christmas cake recipe that everybody will adore.
- Warm the milk on a low heat with vanilla.
- Meanwhile, beat the egg yolks with the sugar and add the sifted flour. Add this mix to the milk and whisk it.
- When the mixture has achieved a creamy consistency, remove it from heat and let it cool. Then cover it with plastic roll and put it in the fridge.
- Cut Pandoro into slices (1 inch), as you see in the picture.
- Put the custard in a sac à poche and rebuild your tree adding layers of cream between the slices. Pay attention to the position of the pandoro slice: each slice cannot be superimposed to the other in order to reproduce the tree effect.
- Dust the “tree” with icing sugar.
- If you have whipped cream you can put it on the star points. Otherwise you can use the custard.
- Wash the blueberries, currants and peel the pomegranate. Use the fruits or other decorations to create your personal tree.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!