Messina-Style Lamb, a Sicilian Easter Recipe
A delicious roast lamb with red wine, Pecorino cheese and black olives, a traditional Sicilian Easter recipe. A mix of Mediterranean flavors for your Sunday Easter recipes.
Italian Easter Dinner Traditions
How to cook Easter roast lamb with wine and olives
- Dice the lamb and season the pieces of meat with extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place the lamb together with the marinade in a baking pan.
- Add the red wine and sprinkle with grated Pecorino.
- Bake at low temperature for one hour.
- Turn the pieces upside down and add water to prevent them from drying too much and sticking on the bottom of the pan.
- Serve wih fresh vegetables and roast potatoes.