Italian Easter Dessert Idea: Calabrian Sweet Bread
Easter is coming and it’s time to make a delicious Easter dessert recipe! Here is a traditional Italian idea from Calabria, the "tip of the boot".
- In a bowl mix 6 eggs with sugar, milk, oil and grated lemon peel.
- In another bowl sift yeast and flour.
- Add them to the other ingredients gradually.
- Knead the dough until it to become soft and smooth.
- Now, cut the dough into loaves, weave them and jont the tips.
- Place a raw egg on the bread and cover it with thin stripes of dough.
- Brush with a scrambled eggs and sugar.
- Bake at 390°F for 35 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the glaze to garnish your sweet: in a bowl mix icing sugar and the juice of lemon until obtaining the right consistency.
- Decorate with glaze and add nonpareil sprinkles.
Well, your traditional Italian Easter bread is ready to be served and eaten. Have fun to give your dessert many different nice shapes.
Sensibus wishes you a sweet Happy Easter!