Italian BBQ Idea: Grilled Meatballs
Have you ever thought to grill meatballs instead of frying them? The good weather is coming and this means that the barbecue season can officially start. If you are looking for Italian bbq ideas, you will find this meatballs recipe interesting, an alternative way to cook Italian-style meatballs.
The result will be delicious and healthy: grilling meatballs means not frying them, therefore healtier but still very tasty. Italian grill recipes are often based on the principle of exalting the natural food flavor without using too much sauce to cover and modify it. Grilling meatballs can be a tasty alternative to traditional hamburgers.
How to grill meatballs
- take a large bowl and put the meat together with all the others ingredients;
- add the aromatic ingredients according to your preference;
- mix the ingredients until you get a compact mixture;
- oil your hands and start making small or medium meatball; if they are too big, they could cook outside and remain raw inside on the grill;
- light up the grill, and when ready cook the meatballs;
- turn them upsidedown and cook well;
- Serve with grilled vegetables.
Italian Style BBQ Meatballs: a tip
We recommend to use authentic Parmigiano reggiano to season your meat ball recipe. Beware of cheap imitations!