How to Make Homemade Tagliatelle - Italian Pasta recipe
In the traditional Italian cuisine pasta recipes have a starring role. Making fresh pasta is an important Sunday date: and it is the occasion fot grandmothers to pass their ancient knowledge to the new generations.
Making fresh pasta recipes can be a lot easier than you may think. In fact, there are lots of simple pasta recipes that don't take more than 1 hour and that everyone can try to cook!
Tagliatelle is one of the most famous Italian pasta shape: al you need to make this recipe is a pastry board and a rolling pin, in this way you can make fresh pasta without a machine. And you can use them to make lots of simple and healty pasta recipes.
How long to cook fresh made pasta
It's important to know that cooking fresh pasta takes less time (1 - 3 minutes) than the dry type. When fresh pasta starts floating in boiling salted water, take a noodle and taste it to make sure it is ready.
Follow our advices to make fresh pasta dough and have fun to experiment tagliatelle with different sauces combinations.
- Sieve the flour onto the pastry board and make a well; in this way you'll obtain a volcano shape.
- Put the eggs and salt in the middle of the volcano and start mixing using a fork.
- Now, it's time to knead the dough with the heel of your hand, pushing it downwards.
- Knead the dough until it is smooth.
- If necessary, add 1 or 2 tablespoons of warm water.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Flour the pastry board and roll out the dough with the rolling pin. The dough will be about about 1/9-inch thick.
- Flour the dough and roll it up until obtaining the right thickness, then cut it into approximately 6.5 millimeters wide ribbons (you can halve the width in case of Tagliolini).
How to store homemade pasta noodles? If you don't want to cook your pasta immediately, you can store it in the fridge for up to 2 days.