How to Make a Balsamic Vinegar Reduction
Excellent with meat and fish, the balsamic vinegar reduction is also used to decorate some dishes. Yet, there are several recipes to make a balsamic vinegar reduction.
- Pour the vinegar in a saucepan and place on low heat.
- Add the honey (or sugar) and stir to make it melt.
- Add the spices and let the vinegar reduce by more than half. On average it takes about 15-20 minutes on low heat, but don't make it reduce excessively otherwise the vinegar flavor will be altered. Keep in mind that the icing effect is obtained after the vinegar has cooled.
- When you get half of the initial volume, turn off the heat and let cool.
- At this point, strain the liquid and refrigerate.