Honey-Glazed Turkey Breast with Vegetables
Try this alternative Thanksgiving turkey recipe: tasty meat tidbits enriched with a delicious honey sauce and with a vegetable side dish.
This easy Thanksgiving turkey recipe is an alternative idea to the traditional Thanksgiving turkey recipe, it's a tasty meat tidbits recipe, enriched with a delicious honey sauce and accompanied by a vegetable side dish.
This honey turkey recipe is a great combination of flavors, where the sweetness of the honey is contrasted by the high sapidity of soy sauce. If you want to get out of the Thanksgiving drill, try this alternative turkey recipe for Thanksgiving and explore new combinations of flavors.
We'll also give you tips on what to serve for thanksgiving besides turkey: in fact this plate includes a vegetarian side dish with cispy carrots, green bell peppers and borettane onions.
Have a nice Thanksgiving dinner!
Thanksgiving vegetables idea
- Peel the carrots and cut them into thin slices.
- Wash the bell pepper, clean it inside and cut it into small slices.
- Heat a little of extra virgin olive oil in a non-stick pan and sauté the carrots and the bell pepper.
- Add salt and pepper and cook for 10-15 minutes; the vegatbles should remain crispy.
- Then, add the onions and sprinkle with a little vinegar.
- When the vinegar has evaporated you can turn off the heat.
- Set the vegatables aside, keeping them warm.
To prepare turkey tidbits
- Cut the turkey into cubes and flour them.
- In another pan mix honey, soy sauce and 2 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- When the liquid is very hot, add the turkey cubes.
- Brown them over high heat for a few minutes.
- Cover the pan and lower the heat, cook for 10-15 minutes.
- When the turkey will be ready sprinkle with parsley.
- Put the turkey on a platter, accompanied by vegetables.
Beyond the Thanksgiving, this easy meat recipe can be prepared in every period of the year. You can substitute turkey with chicken or breast of veal if you prefer.