Honey-Glazed Turkey Breast with Vegetables
Try this alternative Thanksgiving turkey recipe: tasty meat tidbits enriched with a delicious honey sauce and with a vegetable side dish.
Thanksgiving vegetables idea
- Peel the carrots and cut them into thin slices.
- Wash the bell pepper, clean it inside and cut it into small slices.
- Heat a little of extra virgin olive oil in a non-stick pan and sauté the carrots and the bell pepper.
- Add salt and pepper and cook for 10-15 minutes; the vegatbles should remain crispy.
- Then, add the onions and sprinkle with a little vinegar.
- When the vinegar has evaporated you can turn off the heat.
- Set the vegatables aside, keeping them warm.
To prepare turkey tidbits
- Cut the turkey into cubes and flour them.
- In another pan mix honey, soy sauce and 2 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- When the liquid is very hot, add the turkey cubes.
- Brown them over high heat for a few minutes.
- Cover the pan and lower the heat, cook for 10-15 minutes.
- When the turkey will be ready sprinkle with parsley.
- Put the turkey on a platter, accompanied by vegetables.
Beyond the Thanksgiving, this easy meat recipe can be prepared in every period of the year. You can substitute turkey with chicken or breast of veal if you prefer.