An easy turkey gravy from drippings for your Thanksgiving dinner, enriched with semidried tomatoes and Italian olives.
In a traditional Thanksgiving dinner
no turkey comes without its gravy! Obviously, the usual cranberry sauce
can't miss on your table, but it's a good choice serving turkey with two, three different sauces so as to satisfy all of your guests!
This is a really easy turkey gravy
, made from turkey drippings. Yet, we decided to enrich it with bacon, semidried cherry tomatoes
and olives. In particular, in our Thanksgiving gravy recipe
we used a mix of Castelvetrano, Taggiasca and White Gaeta olives, that is high quality Italian olives
, excellent also to compose your cheese board for delicious appetizers.Well, let's see how to make turkey gravy
and how to serve it.
- When your turkey is cooked, set the pan drippings aside.
- Toast the bacon in a pan (without oil) until it becomes crispy.
- Now, heat the drippings, when they boils add the crispy bacon, capers, olives, tomatoes, pepper and salt. Cook over low heat for 10 minutes.
- If necessary, deglaze with hot broth.
- Blend the sauce and pour in a gravy boat.