Homemade Turkey Gravy with Olives
An easy turkey gravy from drippings for your Thanksgiving dinner, enriched with semidried tomatoes and Italian olives.
In a traditional Thanksgiving dinner no turkey comes without its gravy! Obviously, the usual cranberry sauce can't miss on your table, but it's a good choice serving turkey with two, three different sauces so as to satisfy all of your guests!
This is a really easy turkey gravy, made from turkey drippings. Yet, we decided to enrich it with bacon, semidried cherry tomatoes and olives. In particular, in our Thanksgiving gravy recipe we used a mix of Castelvetrano, Taggiasca and White Gaeta olives, that is high quality Italian olives, excellent also to compose your cheese board for delicious appetizers.
Well, let's see how to make turkey gravy and how to serve it.
- When your turkey is cooked, set the pan drippings aside.
- Toast the bacon in a pan (without oil) until it becomes crispy.
- Now, heat the drippings, when they boils add the crispy bacon, capers, olives, tomatoes, pepper and salt. Cook over low heat for 10 minutes.
- If necessary, deglaze with hot broth.
- Blend the sauce and pour in a gravy boat.